admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Final Review of create-domain man page

From: Nandini Ektare <Nandini.Ektare_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:54:16 -0700

Dixie Pine wrote:

>>> It's a feature. :-)
>>>
>>> Seriously, people asked for the usage message to indicate the default
>>> values of the options, where they're known, so that's what the code does.
>>> If there's consensus that that should be removed, that's easy to do.
>>>
>>> Let's see what people think. I created a poll...
>>>
>>> http://sun.doodle.com/6t38vi48u5uyvpg4
>>>
>> I like the feature because
>> 1. It's like example and usage merged together (thought it may not be
>> a widely used practice, I feel it 's convenient)
>> 2. More important: In v3 we can't see defaults in the usual place --
>> domain.xml. So this feature helps to that end.
> If we are choosing to do this (include defaults for replaceables) you
> need to do it everywhere, which you don't.
Hmm..I see defaults in the commands I was working on recently (I have
not checked other commands):

Usage: asadmin [asadmin-utility-options] create-ssl --certname
<certname> --type <type> [--ssl2enabled=true] [--ssl2ciphers
<ssl2ciphers>] [--ssl3enabled=true] [--ssl3tlsciphers <ssl3tlsciphers>]
[--tlsenabled=true] [--tlsrollbackenabled=true]
[--clientauthenabled=true] [--target <target>] [-?|--help=false]
[listener_id]

Usage: asadmin [asadmin-utility-options] create-network-listener
[--address <address>] --listenerport <listenerport> [--threadpool
http-thread-pool] --protocol <protocol> [--transport tcp]
[--enabled=true] [--jkenabled=false] [-?|--help=false] name

Nandini