admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: FINAL list-get-set man pages, plus dotted-names

From: Sreenivas Munnangi <Sreenivas.Munnangi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 13:19:04 -0700

My comments:

dotted-names.5asc

01
The set subcommand enables you to modify configurable attributes

In addition to attributes it can also set properties.

02
If any part of the name itself contains a dot (.), then the dot must be
escaped with a leading
\ (backslash) so that the . (dot) does not act like a delimiter.

Pl. get the discussion on 'escaping' be verified by QA on various
operationg systems.

get command

01
This example gets the monitorable objects and shows whether they are
enabled (LOWor
HIGH) or disabled (OFF). The jvm component is enabled for monitoring.

To avoid confusion (between config and monitoring heirarchies) we can
rephrase the above as

This example gets the config attributes for setting the monitoring level
and shows whether they are enabled (LOWor
HIGH) or disabled (OFF). The jvm component is enabled for monitoring.

thanks
sreeni