admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Standardization on asadmin terms

From: Paul Davies <Paul-Martin.Davies_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:11:24 -0700

Hi Lioyd,

The separation of asadmin utility options from subcommand options in the
asadmin utility is explained in detail in the following documentation,
which is currently under review:

    * The asadmin(1M) man page in the Reference Manual
      <http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=ReferenceManual>.
    * /Using the /asadmin /Utility/ on pages 49-56 of the July 24 draft
      of the Administration Guide
      <http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=AdministrationGuide>.

The asadmin output that contains the alternative terms is produced when
the --echo option is specified, for example (I have emphasized the terms
in question):

    $ asadmin --echo version
    *asadmin program options*: --host localhost --port 4848 --terse false
    --interactive true --secure false --echo false
    *command*: version --verbose false

In the asadmin output, the term "command" is used to mean what the ARCs
would call a "subcommand".

Regards,
-Paul