admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Documenting "Starting server with JRE vs JDK" issue

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 13:49:10 -0700

Hi SueAnn,

Thanks for trying to fix the documentation. I think others in the admin
team will be in better position to review this particular item.
However, I don't see what is included here will help user to solve the
problem they are seeing with respect to their java environment.
If i encounter issue#6125 (Cannot bring up context sensitive help in
console if server is started with JRE) , I would never link what you
have here with my issue.
1. I am using Window, not on Solaris.
2. My problem has nothing to do with the installer. Installation is
fine, system up and running.

What i am hoping to see is telling user what error they may encounter if
they are using JRE vs JDK.

thanks
Anissa.