admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Starting server with JRE vs JDK

From: Lloyd Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 10:47:18 -0700

Anissa,

I don't know the answers here, but I like the idea. Tell the user:
- JDK version
- 32 bit or 64 bit
- key settings like maximum memory

I think you should file an RFE.

I poked around in the JDK MBeans. You can get the version from the
java.lang:type=Runtime MBean as getVmVersion();

kmxcmd> get V*
---java.lang:type=Runtime---
VmName=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
VmVendor=Apple Inc.