admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: side effect of not specifying default attribute in domain.xml

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:32:45 -0700

Lloyd Chambers wrote:
> In an upgrade scenario, I would expect my settings to remain the same,
> not to take on new values.
what about if you server does not start... or does not function optimally.

Did you make explicit administrative operations in your previous
installations that you wanted those values ? This can be argumented both
ways like most things, however it seems to me that when a user is
trusting the application server default values, it expects the same when
upgrading and not necessarily running with the old installation default
values which could provide a degraded runtime environment in the new
installation.