admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF Market Messages for JavaONE lab?

From: Ken Paulsen <Ken.Paulsen_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 23:58:56 -0800

Hi Anil,

Thanks!  We're supposed to have most of our lab material turned in Wed.  But I suspect we'll be able to edit slides until close to JavaONE.  I'll put in a place-holder slide for now and watch for more info.

Thank you!

Ken

Anil Gaur wrote:
Hi Ken,

We'll have 2-3 slides on GlassFish that should be included in most if not all JavaONE talks.
Stay tuned for the contents of these slides.

Thanks,
Anil

Ken Paulsen wrote:

Hi,

As you may already know, the admin gui team is putting together a "Hands on Lab" for JavaONE.  The lab will walk attendees through the process of creating a GFv3 module that extends the functionality of the admin console.  They will add a new tree node to the console which goes to their own page, they'll use templates we provide to easily give them our look and feel, and they'll use jMaki while doing this.

I am writing the introduction now for both the slides that go along with the labs, and the introduction in the lab material itself.  I would like to know if there is specific content that I should highlight.  For example:

  • Any download numbers I should highlight?
  • Other statistics?  Performance benchmarks?
  • Features?
  • Contests?
  • blogs or websites?
  • Other JavaONE talks?
  • Anything else?
I don't want to include a lot of marketing material as our time is limited, however, I'd like to highlight anything important.  I can spend 2 or 3 slides max on this.  And I can add 1 or 2 paragraphs to the lab material.

Let me know if you have ideas!

Thanks,

Ken