admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: cyclic dependency as of today's checkout glassfish-api => config-api => amx-impl => common-util => glassfish-api

From: Lloyd L Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:24:03 -0800

I think we need to refactor:

- config-api mixes two distinct things: generic Glassfish V3
*framework* support for config eg GlassFishConfigBean
- specific interfaces for config eg the 'serverbeans' interfaces for
elements in domain.xml

That structure is a mistake. It has forced me (see below) to make
config-api depend on amx-impl (so that that the server beans code can
use @AMXInfo). But that's not right at all for the framework code,
upon which amx-impl depends or will depend. And the AMXInfo is
general, not restricted to config.

I'm not sure how to refactor this, but I am STUCK until we refactor
something.

Lloyd