admin@glassfish.java.net

cyclic dependency as of today's checkout glassfish-api => config-api => amx-impl => common-util => glassfish-api

From: Lloyd L Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:47:52 -0800

Jerome,

I updated this morning, and I'm seeing this cyclic dependency:

[INFO] The projects in the reactor contain a cyclic reference: Edge
between 'Vertex{label='org.glassfish.admin:config-api'}' and 'Vertex
{label='org.glassfish.common:amx-impl'}' introduces to cycle in the
graph org.glassfish.common:amx-impl --> org.glassfish.common:common-
util --> org.glassfish.common:glassfish-api -->
org.glassfish.admin:config-api --> org.glassfish.common:amx-impl

I'm not sure what is changed, but I had put a dependency from config-
api on amx-impl because the com.sun.enterprise.config.serverbeans
interfaces (like Domain.java and HttpListener.java) must be annoted
with @AMXInfo.

The problem seems to be that glassfish-api depends on config-api,
which is completely wrong IMO, at least when the serverbeans stuff is
included there.

---
Lloyd L Chambers
lloyd.chambers_at_sun.com