dev@fi.java.net

Re: JAXB Hook for FI

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:31:56 +0200

Paul Sandoz wrote:
> Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
>
>>> - Do you parse the qname string to obtain the prefix? If so i can pass
>>> the prefix as a separate string as this will be more efficient for
>>> JAXB and FI.
>>

>> We can always invent custom CharSequence implementations like
>> Base64Data. For example we can have QNameData, and we can have our
>> QName unmarshalling code recognize it as such.
>>
>> I still need QNameData to implement CharSequence so that it can be
>> treated as literal PCDATA when necessary.
>>

> Are you talking about qnames in content?
>
> I was referring to the methods:
>
> startElement(String nsUri, String localName, String qname,
> Attributes atts)
>
> endElement(String nsUri, String localName, String qname)
>
> and the 'qname' parameter.

I dunno if this will help but.... since FI indexes qualified names we
can index something that is suitable for JAXB to avoid the creation of
objects and maybe help drive the decoding process for repeating EIIs.
Obviously this would mean more specific integration (which i think we
need for marshalling to help speed up the encoding but that is a
different story).

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question