dev@fi.java.net

Tasks

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:19:49 +0100

Tasks
-----

- Use of copy Xerces classes for checking XML character conformance.
   If there is a dependency on Xerces already when FI is used with an
   application then we can provide a special build process to reuse the
   Xerces class already present.

- In-scope checking of qualified names and duplicate namespace
   attributes and attributes.

- UTF-16 encoding for SAX serializing and UTF-16 decoding for all
   parsers.

- Restricted alphabet encoding for SAX serializing and decoding for all
   parsers.

- Built-in encoding algorithm support for StAX and DOM parsers
   (returning characters).

- Implement remaining built-in encoding algorithms.

- CDATA support. This is related to support for the CDATA built-in
   encoding algorithm support but requires some additional infrastructure
   for the SAX serializer.

- I18N. Need to add localization support for strings associated with
   Exceptions.

- Get performance results for using some built-in algorithms and
   restricted alphabets (this is required for XTech and JavaOne papers).
   We should publish such results on Java.Net and provide a link to them
   in the papers.

Nice to have tasks

- Implement vocabulary API

--