dev@fi.java.net

Re: CVS update: /fi/FastInfoset/src/com/sun/xml/fastinfoset/

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:55:31 +0100

Alan Hudson wrote:
> sandoz_at_dev.java.net wrote:
>
>> User: sandoz Date: 2005/03/23 09:03:14
>>
>> Log:
>> Ensure that UTF8 decoding for CIIs or attribute values is conformant for
>> the basic latin characaters. Need to update to use the Xerces XMLChar
>> class to validate the range of other characters.
>>

> Are you planning on requiring xerces for FI usage? So far we've gotten
> away with just using the default(jaxp) java stuff for Xj3D.

No.

The plan is to copy the XMLChar class from the Xerces code. This class
is useful to check for the validity of characters according to the XML
and namespace name specification (NCName, NCNameChar and Char). This is
already achieved efficiently for Basic Latin characters but not for
characters in the higher ranges, code points > 0x7F.

Note that JAXP in JDK 1.4.2 does not use Xerces but JAXP in JDK 5.0 does.

We can have a special build process for case where one wants to depend
on a distribution of Xerces (and therefore no duplication of XMLChar class).

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question
    Paul Sandoz