dev@fi.java.net

Re: FI needs more documentation

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:22:14 +0100

Joe Wang wrote:
> Paul Sandoz wrote:
>

>>Hi Kohsuke,
>>
>>You are absolutely correct. This is something i will actively work on
>>and get something produced for next week.
>>
>>Joe you said that you had created some samples, can we use this as a
>>start and expand on this?
>

> I was distracted from completing the samples as I planned to, trying to
> do too much at the same time :) Here's what I have so far:
> samples
> readme (need to do)
> ant build file (need to do)
> -sax
> -DocumentSerializer (done)
> -DocumentParser (need to add)
> -stax
> -StreamReader (done)
> -Serializer (done)
> -EventReader (done)

Looks good.

> -FIDocReader (a simple FI Doc editor with Notepad-like
> interface, need to do)

I think this would be a great idea. Something that higlights the various
bits and bytes like:

- informaiton item identification and flags
- termination
- length determinate for string length
- length determinate for an integer length
- index data
- type of content
- content

would be really good. It does not even need to check if the format is
valid, which is very useful for debugging.

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question
   Paul Sandoz