dev@fi.java.net

Xj3D Early Results

From: Alan Hudson <giles_at_yumetech.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:11:26 -0800

I've gotten an early prototype of the Xj3D / FastInfoset integration
going.

Using a 20 meg CAD file

                   Size(bytes) Parsing Time(ms) Speed
XML 20396657 10406 1 :1
FI, Strings 20340458 5672 1:83 :1
FI, builtins 11889015 1546 6.73 :1 !!!

Only near 700% speed improvement on parsing. Nice work!

I'm going to start adding our X3D specific encoders now. I expect they
will help filesize but likely harm parsing speed. I'm also going to
prototype a BYTE encoder for possible native inclusion into FI.

I expect I can release a public version of this in a few days. Feel
free to share these results, I expect to make more results available
once I finish the implementation.