dev@fi.java.net

Re: Borken build: StAXEventWriter not present

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:49:30 +0100

Huizhe Wang wrote:
>>So that no one is inconvienienced in the interim time i have
>>commented
>>out the references to the StAXEventWriter in the
>>StAXOutputFactory. Once
>>this file is put back we can uncomment.
>>

> Oh good, smart move. That makes me feel relieved a little bit. I
> especially rebuilt my project before checking anything in. But then I
> realized some issues in the EventWriter and didn't check it in,
> thinking it's not used right now. Bad judgement :(

No problam it is an easy mistake to make, i have done it loads of times.
With us all being in different time-zones the problem is compounded
because sometimes a problem cannot be solved until we overlap in time-zones.

I have been using the NetBeans CVS version manager which seems quite
good. It allows you to easily check whether a file needs to be added or not.

Paul.