users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] Re: Happy New Year & Requirement

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 16:45:36 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 4:39 PM, Antonio Goncalves <
antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> And why not having pooling (and scheduling but that's another story) going
> to the Java EE Concurrency spec (implemented with CDI of course). It would
> be then even usable on CDI beans.

As discussed earlier, this too would be a very good development.

Things like @Stateless, @Asynchronous, @Timer/_at_Timeout don't have official
CDI alternatives. If we don't take advantage of the current spec cycle to
move more things to CDI, it will be a very long and slow process indeed.

To be honest, none of my customers use EJBs anymore. Having new development
> done in the EJB spec is a bit of a waste I think.

If there were CDI replacements for all of them, then it would be less
needed. But as long as EJBs still have unique features not available in
Java EE in other ways, then those tiny enhancements would surely help.