users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] Re: Happy New Year & Requirement

From: Adam Bien <abien_at_adam-bien.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 18:21:09 +0100

Hi Antonio,
> On 18.01.2016, at 16:39, Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And why not having pooling (and scheduling but that's another story) going to the Java EE Concurrency spec (implemented with CDI of course). It would be then even usable on CDI beans.

this is possible anyway. However with MaxPoolSize you get throttling on a component and so (microservice) level.

> To be honest, none of my customers use EJBs anymore. Having new development done in the EJB spec is a bit of a waste I think.

…and all of my customers who using appservers also using EJBs. EJBs are perfect for microservices. Monitoring and throttling are built-in and the performance is really good :-)

cheers,

adam

> Antonio
>
> Le 18 janv. 2016 16:34, "Abhishek Gupta" <abhirockzz_at_gmail.com> a écrit :
> Definitely +1. Good to see some EJB related discussions :-)
>
> The above mentioned annotations would help
>
> 1. Tune EJBs in a standard manner
> 2. Sending across a clear message w.r.t one of the most important EJB features e.g. @Stateless does not really say that you also have throtlling & pooling capabilities (one needs to mention it explicitly)
>
> I also suggest including another annotation: @javax.ejb.InitialPoolSize. This will aid in eager initialisation (just like Singleton EJBs) and ensure having enough firepower 'in the tank' to begin with
>
> Thanks
> Abhishek
>
> Thanks
>
> Abhishek
> Latest (mini) book ! | Java Caching Refcard | Java EE Blog
>

> On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 1:36 PM, arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> Pool settings as well as an @TransactionTimeout would be quite handy indeed.
>
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 8:58 AM, <johan_at_lodgon.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> This really can save lots of boilerplate code in projects.

 workshops.adam-bien.com
 effectivejavaee.com
 blog.adam-bien.com
 airhacks.news

 Author of:
 "Real World Java EE Night Hacks”,
 "Real World Java EE Patterns— Rethinking Best Practices"