users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Adding support for optional feature groups

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 17:46:30 -0800

Experts,

I've written the rules for adding support for EJB features in addition
to the EJB Lite, i.e. to allow EJB containers some flexibility
in-between EJB Lite and EJB Full requirements. Those of you who were
asking for it, please do your part and review it asap.

The proposed changes are in the section 16.1 "EJB Lite" and the
corresponding part of the spec is available in the project download area
under the title " EJB API Groups Definitions and Rules
<http://java.net/projects/ejb-spec/downloads/download/p416-418.pdf>".

The changes span only 3 pages, with the changes on the 1st page are to
remove "3.2" version from the text. I.e. it shouldn't take long to
review them ;)

The major changes are on the pages 2 and 3 (417 and 418). They include
replacing the table 19 "Required contents of EJB Lite and Full EJB API"
with a new table (also #19) called "EJB API Groups". These are the
groups of features that can be supported only as a whole group, and EJB
Lite being just one of them. The section 16.1.1, "Support for Other EJB
API Groups in an EJB Lite Container" defines additional rules.

One side effect of this change is to remove fine-grained options for the
BMP/CMP support defined in Chapter 2 of the optional document (i.e.
BMP/CMP should be supported all or none).

Unless I hear otherwise in the next day or so (the PFD submission date
is this week), I'll include the proposed changes into the spec and
adjust the optional doc accordingly.

Best,
-marina