users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Re: Persistent TimerService Clarifications

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 18:17:51 -0700

Returning to this thread for more clarifications.

1. Distributing non-persistent timers? Does any of your implementations
support non-persistent timers to be invoked on another JVM?

Section "13.2.3 Non-persistent Timers" defines them as:

"A non-persistent timer is a timer whose lifetime is tied to the JVM in
which it is created."

If nobody objects, I'll remove non-persistent timers from the statement
below.

2. Non-persistent timers returned by getTimers() and getAllTimers().

I plan to add to both descriptions:
"Non-persistent timers returned by this method include only timers
created in the same JVM in which the method is being executed."

-marina