users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Re: MDB improvements?

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:09:34 -0700

Very interesting. These would indeed require very limited changes to the
JCA spec (if any).

What do others think about David's proposal?

David,

Couple of questions/comments:

1. Can you change your example to call createEndpoint() just before the
connector calls the bean method (and release the instance after the
call)? This will fit much better with the existing rules on the MDB
lifecycle (and reduce the amount of changes)?

2. Can we skip the marker interface altogether? If there is no
implementing interface, it's a no-interface view. Plain and simple.

3. Use the "beanClass" instead of the "ejbClass" for the property name?

thanks,
-marina