users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Re: MDB improvements?

From: David Blevins <david.blevins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 07:52:01 -0500

Here is a better description of the revamped proposal.

  https://github.com/dblevins/mdb-improvements

Note, this has nothing to do with JMS or JMS 2.0. This Connector/MDB enhancement has merit in its own right.

The proposed enhancement is at the bottom of the page:

  https://github.com/dblevins/mdb-improvements#message-driven-beans-tomorrow

The example comes with a working Telnet Connector that can be run via Arquillian. Just hacked it up to demonstrate a non-asynchronous mindset and show the potential of what is already there and can be done today. Generally to get the creative juices flowing. Should run in any server.

  https://github.com/dblevins/mdb-improvements/blob/master/mdb-today/src/test/java/Runner.java

I think we can get a lot of bang for such a small tweak. For all of us with existing MDB Containers, this should be very easy to slot in. Low impact, high value.

-David