users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] Re: EJB_SPEC-55 - New method on MessageDrivenContext

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 16:50:12 -0700

John,

John D. Ament wrote:
> Marina,
>
> Yes, thanks for catching me nodding off slightly :-) I don't seem to
> have access to edit so if you could correct it..

No, I can't edit text that I didn't enter. You should see an "Edit" link
on the upper right corner of the text area.

> The MDB would use this information in pretty much any way it saw fit.
> It would be able to access both the standard and non-standard
> activation config properties as defined in the application deployment.
> The goal would be to provide some level of configuration to an MDB at
> deployment time.

Hmmm... EJB container doesn't have a notion of a programmatic change to
the deployment metadata at deployment time. MDB instance will be created
lazily to handle the message, and MessageDrivenContext will be created
at that time, so way passed deployment phase...

-marina