jsr345-experts@ejb-spec.java.net

[jsr345-experts] Re: Adding support for optional feature groups

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 23:28:03 -0800

Hi Antonio,

On 3/4/13 10:55 PM, Antonio Goncalves wrote:
> Hi Marina,
>
> There is nothing about JAX-RS endpoints in table 19.

So far JAX-RS support was not a responsibility of the EJB Container, so
I feel that adding it to the table will add it as a requirement. But if
others think its useful, I can add JAX-RS under the EJB Lite services.

> I know it's not the appropriate chapter of the spec but shouldn't
> packaging be mentioned ?

The packaging requirements should be described in the platform documents
- are they not?

> At least point to a different paragraph. Packaging an EJB Lite (war)
> or Full (jar/ear) is a bit confusing at the moment (e.g. you can
> package MDBs in a war file under JBoss, couldn't make it work on
> GlassFish 3 at the time).

You should be able to package an MDB into a war file. If GF doesn't
support it, it's a bug.

thanks,
-marina