jsr345-experts@ejb-spec.java.net

[jsr345-experts] Serializing SFSB access and transaction association

From: Carlo de Wolf <cdewolf_at_redhat.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 16:36:29 +0200

I'm using chapter numbers from EJB 3.2 Draft May 11 2011.

Stuart Douglas pointed out some discrepancies to me w.r.t figure 5 (4.6).

4.3.13 specifies that SFSB access must be serialized, leading to a
ConcurrentAccessTimeoutException should a client do a concurrent
invocation that times out.

#1: I don't think it is clearly documented that the SFSB instance is
*not* to be discarded at this point (9.3).

#2: 4.6.4 bullet 2 does not document how the container should act taking
AccessTimeout or serializing access into account.

Figure 5 shows the SFSB going to ERROR state. The client receives an
EJBException (/ConcurrentAccess(Timeout)Exception), but the instance is
actually in IN-TX / METHOD-READY-IN-TX state and should remain so.

WDYT?

Carlo