jsr345-experts@ejb-spec.java.net

[jsr345-experts] Re: (EJB_SPEC-13) EJB 3.2 Lite Support for Asynchronous

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 09:55:48 +0200

No, asynch servlet does not really implement the comet style, it's just an
easy way to do asynchronous calls in a different thread. Like Pete I
think it's a shame to have different ways of doing asynchrnoy (asyncSupported
= true in Servlet and Asynchronous elsewhere)... but I'm sure there's a
reason. What asynch servlets also have is a timeout (asyncSupported = true,
asyncTimeout = 3000). It could also be interesting to have a timeout
attribute on @Asynchronous, what do you think ?