jsr345-experts@ejb-spec.java.net

[jsr345-experts] Re: Keeping on track

From: Reza Rahman <reza_rahman_at_lycos.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 18:38:43 -0400

Marina,

Sorry for the delay. There were a few other things on my end that could
not wait. Here is the modified text:

============================================================================================================================================================
The Application Assembler assembles enterprise beans into deployment
units. The Application Assembler’s input is one or more enterprise beans
contained in one or more ejb-jar and/or .war files provided by one or
more Bean Providers. The Bean Provider's output may also simply be
un-assembled enterprise beans that must be packaged in an ejb-jar or
.war file. The Application Assembler will create one or more ejb-jar
and/or .war files from the input artifacts as needed. All of the input
could be combined into a single output ejb-jar or .war file. Similarly,
the input could also be split into multiple output ejb-jar and/or .war
files. For example, the Application Assembler could combine ejb1.jar and
ejb2.jar into ejb3.jar, combine ejb1.jar and web1.war into web2.war,
split ejb1.jar into ejb2.jar and ejb3.jar, split web1.war into ejb1.jar
and web2.jar, and so forth. Each output ejb-jar or .war file is either a
deployment unit intended for the Deployer or a partially assembled
application that is intended for another Application Assembler.

I tried not to go too overboard and keep things consistent with the rest
of the spec sections that are similar.

Hope it helps. Feel free to use it in whatever way makes the best sense.
If the text still feels too dense, I would split the sentences further
and add more examples/diagrams.

Cheers,
Reza