users@connector-spec.java.net

[connector-spec-users] [jsr322-experts] ACTION (by Mar 18/Mon): Please review changes to the connector spec to handle proposed MDB improvements

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <sivakumar.thyagarajan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:10:02 +0530

Hello experts

Please review the changes to the 1.7 connector spec and the javadoc for
the proposed MDB enhancements discussed in [1].

Please share your comments by Mar 18, Monday. I plan to send the final
version to the JCP early next week so that we can address it as part
of the ongoing MR for Java EE 7.

# Changelog since the last spec update

## Spec (updated spec at [2]. affected chapters #13, #18 and Appendix I):
   - Updated Section 13.3 to describe the new method "getBeanClass" in
MessageEndpointFactory (para #5 of 13-8). Comments from the EJB spec EG
shared a preference for getBeanClass instead of the proposed
"getEndpointClass" in [1].
   - Fixed the text of isDeliveryTransacted to also include methods in
Class returned by "getBeanClass"
   - Minor fix: Renamed the annotation element "className" to
"interfaceName" in @ConnectionFactoryDefinition (page 18-18, Section
18.9.1), as I was provided the feedback that the className really
captured the CF interface name, and it may be confusing to users to call
it class name.
   - Minor typos:Fixed the incorrect usage "fully qualified domain name"
to "fully qualified name" in Chapter 18. Fixed incorrect
"createEndPoint" references in Chapter 13 when they should have instead
been method "createEndpoint".

## Javadoc (new javadoc zip at [3] and attached api diff):
   - The three spec changes are reflected in the javadoc.
isDeliveryTransacted, getBeanClass methods in
javax.resource.spi.endpoint.MessageEndpointFactory, and the renamed
annotation element in javax.resource.ConnectionFactoryDefinition

Thanks
--Siva.

[1] Proposal in EE EG:
http://java.net/projects/javaee-spec/lists/users/archive/2013-03/message/2.