users@connector-spec.java.net

[connector-spec-users] [jsr322-experts] Re: Specification of Properties

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <sivakumar.thyagarajan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 18:18:35 +0530

Hi Jesper

On Wednesday 02 January 2013 08:37 PM, Jesper Pedersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 12/28/2012 12:54 PM, Sivakumar Thyagarajan wrote:
>>> Agreed, and I can see that the core pool setup (how it is split
>>> internally) is hidden for Glassfish or WebLogic -- just looking at the
>>> XSD
>>> documentation. You will have to explain to me how to setup a resource
>>> adapter which gets its Subject instances from a security domain ;)
>>
>> Are you looking for how a system administrator would setup resource
>> principals as belonging to a Security Domain? If yes, as Section 8.6.3
>> discusses, this is application-server specific.
>>

> Yes, I was asking about a configuration for WebLogic.

Wilson, could you share with Jesper a pointer to Weblogic documentation
on this?

> One could argue that min-pool-size / max-pool-size are vendor specific
> too. However, we all have a concept of what those mean in each context.

Yes, but a pool (that backs a connector CF) would atleast have a 'min' and
'max' size. This is the assumption adopted by all other resource
definition annotations (DataSourceDefinition, JMSConnectionFactory
Definition), that are backed by pools

Thanks
--Siva.