users@concurrency-ee-spec.java.net

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Thoughts on alignment with Connector?

From: Anthony Lai <anthony.lai_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 14:43:49 -0700

Dear experts,

I was approached by Siva Thyagarajan, the spec lead for Connector 1.6,
regarding any possible alignments between Connector 1.6 and JSR 236.

Some of the possible areas include:
- Timer enhancements - javax.resource.spi.BootstrapContext now returns a
plain java.util.Timer. There has been requests to enhance that to
possibly return ManagedScheduledExecuteService if that is the standard
way forward.
- Possible tighter integration between the
javax.resource.spi.work.WorkManager and ManagedExecutorService defined
in 236.
- Alignment on Context propagation between Connectors and 236.

Does anyone has any thoughts or ideas on these? Or ideas on other
possible areas where we can align with Connector?

Thanks
Anthony