dev@ws-test-harness.java.net

Re: basedir for service

From: Ken Hofsass <Kenneth.Hofsass_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:17:46 -0700

Hi Bhakti, sorry about that mess. I had locally added the wsdl file to
the 'server' subdirectory but didn't do the to add/delete for CVS.

To answer your initial question: the source code & wsdl for the service
should be together in the same directory and <service> "basedir" would
point to that directory. So for the sample test, either the service
source code should be in 'fromwsdl' with the WSDL or the WSDL should be
in 'server' with the code. Then 'basedir' should point to that location.

Kohsuke was big on the idea of putting everything in one directory for
the simple cases to flatten the directory structure... that is, the
client script code, the server source code, and the wsdl (if any) all in
one place (e.g. fromwsdl for the sample test). Then for tests with more
than one service, the secondary services (e.g. STS for WSTrust) would go
into separate subdirectories with their own WSDLs (if WSDL needed).

As for me, I'm not so keen on having everything flat. But with the
structure as it is, test writers can separate out their primary service
to a subdir if he/she is so inclined or simply leave it sit in the
testcase directory with the other files.

Please feel free to share any suggestions...

thanks!
Ken