users@woodstock.java.net

RE: table's actions don't work ?

From: Alex Sherwin <alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:42:38 -0400

I have run into what appears to be inconsistent behavior that you are
encountering, in my case there was some form of exception being thrown
(causing it to fail during a pre-prerender phase, such as validation) that
would cause it to post back in the same state it was in (with no sorting).
I would suggest checking the server.log for any runtime exceptions that you
haven't caught, or adding a messageGroup object to the page that is always
visible so you may see what is happening (if this is the case).

For me, in my preferences panel if a user entered an invalid date range or
something similar, it would fail validation and postback, but all exceptions
were handled appropriately, the reason I couldn't see what was happening is
because the erroneous field was now hidden when the page was re-rendered
inside the pref panel on the table. Closer inspection of logs etc made it
clear that it wasn't just random behavior

Hope this helps

Alex Sherwin

alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com