users@woodstock.java.net

Add binding attribute to com.sun.webui.jsf.component.DropDown

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 16:45:14 -0400

Hi again,

Once I got the coordinated dropdown lists working with AJAX I set out to
make it work with my dynamically generated dropdown lists (custom
fields). I think what I coded would work if I could add the equivalent
of binding="#{Page1.dropDownX}" to the
com.sun.webui.jsf.component.DropDown instance. The DropDown instances
my code creates are added into a PanelGroup instance, which is rendered
using <h:panelGroup binding="#{Page1.optionsPanel}"/>. I also keep a
reference to the DropDown instances in a LinkedHashMap so that I can
somehow use it for binding.

There doesn't seem to be a way for me to add a binding attribute to
DropDown from code. I was able to add a valueChangeListener, and
onChange JavaScript code. That part of it works.

Thanks,
Ryan