users@woodstock.java.net

Re: Asynchronously submit and refresh. How to?

From: Stefan Bley <stefan.bley_at_saxsys.de>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 23:45:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dan,

Dan Labrecque wrote:

> That said, instead of setting dd2DefaultOptions via the change listener
> method, perhaps you can just clear it? Setting options via the getter
> method seems to work much better. When this method is invoked during the
> JSF rendering phase, the text field and calendar values are available.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you propose to clear the dropdown
during the Ajax request and then invoke a full request to update the bean
properties?

I do not understand why cal1's and txt1's values are not store in the bean
during the Ajax request. As far as I've understood the refresh() method, all
components in refresh("compId1,compId2,...") are submitted, thus their
values are stored in the bean. But obviously they aren't...

Stefan