users@woodstock.java.net

JSF parameterized includes

From: Arnaud Brand <arnaud.brand_at_free.fr>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 00:06:47 +0200
Hi everybody,

I was trying to include a JSF with params in another JSF, templating if you prefer.
Both JSF use woodstock of course.

I've read in various forums that I could use jsp:include for that and it actually works... to some extent...

As long as I have no parameters to give to the included JSF, there's no problem at all.
I can access request beans for the including pages (with the correct values I mean), I can run ajax calls (refresh and the like) on the including page to refresh components on the included page, everything runs fine.

But if I add an f:param to the jsp:include (say <f:param name="testparam" value="#{BaseBean.test}"/> for example), I can't get the param value in the included page.
I've tried various syntax found on the net (#{testparam}, #{param.testparam}, #{param['testparam']}), but none seems to work.

May be I'm totally wrong, that's not doable like that and I should use facelets or something else for that.

Could someone please confirm (or infirm) that ?
Do facelets run well with woodstock ?

Anyway, during the last two days I tried various approaches to pass the params.
The easiest I found was to use a tomahawk component named AliasBean, since I already have tomahawk in the libs for it's schedule component.
It works pretty well... to some extent...

As long as you submit pages, there's no problem, I can created limited visibility variables that are made available to the aliasbean's child components.
But as soon as I try to use ajax calls on the aliasbean's childs components (woodstock), these variables appear to be empty after the call.

Has someone already experienced such a setup ?
Did I miss an init-param or some other necessary setting ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Arnaud