users@woodstock.java.net

Session Expiration in IE6 and IE7 ...

From: tonyweb <tonyweb_mail_at_yahoo.it>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:54:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi to all,
this is my first post and I thank in advance those who will read this post
and will help me.

I'm using Woodstock release bundled with NetBeans 6 (latest available
download) ( I think version 4.1 )
and I suffer of two/three big problems ... and I hope yuo will give me hints
to solve them.

First problem: Session expiration
After about twenty postbacks the session expires ( and variables declared
inside SessionBean1 expire as well - they are all set to null ) and my
filter which checks for login redirects me to the Login page.

I followed the advice to block all cookies (setting privacy level to
maximum) but this does not solve the problem ... indeed in IE7 these
settings make a java.util.ArrayList in SessionBean1 being null at first page
change: I use that arrayList for populating a Tree component which does not
render ( error 500 ).

Second problem: Rendering speed
I know there are many post regarding this topic. I would like to know if
there's a way to avoid client-side rendering ( with javascript ) with my
version of controls ... I read there's such a way in newer release (
parseOnLoad, enableJSfxAll, ecc... )

Third problem: Positioning Focus with javascript
In my constrols' version I use "webui.body.updateFocusElement()" (or
something similar ;) ) function for "moving" focus ... but in new versions,
that function does not exists anymore. I did not find its substitute ... any
hint ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the length of this post (and my bad english
:) ).
Regards, Tony