users@woodstock.java.net

Dynamic table sorting question

From: Jianbo <jzstancil_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:55:50 -0800 (PST)

I have just started trying Woodstock dynamic table component. I am using the
dynamicTable example which has a list of Names. Everything works fine with
default sorting feature. But I want to do my own sorting with my own
comparator.

For example, I want to sort last name column in a different way (e.g. sort
by the last letter of last name. %-| I know it is crazy but I just want to
know how to do it.)

I have tried several things: subclass ObjectArrayDataProvider; subclass
BasicTableDataSorter and set it to my TableRowGroup; etc. But none or them
works.

I have searched and searched but didn't find an example.

Please help me.

Thanks,

jianbo