users@woodstock.java.net

Re: Woodstock dependencies

From: Kenneth Suter <Kenneth.Suter_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:36:31 -0600

Thanks for the reply Ken. I know what was happening now with regard to
the design time jars. I had included all the jars for Woodstock's lib
directory in my app including webui-jsf-dt.jar. So when the Page class
was loaded I saw:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cant instantiate class: com.sun.webui.jsf.component.Page.
        javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:277)

and the telling root cause:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/rave/designtime/faces/FacetDescriptor
        com.sun.webui.jsf.component.PageBeanInfoBase.getFacetDescriptors(PageBeanInfoBase.java:108)
        com.sun.webui.jsf.component.PageBeanInfoBase.getBeanDescriptor(PageBeanInfoBase.java:45)
        com.sun.webui.jsf.component.PageBeanInfo.getBeanDescriptor(PageBeanInfo.java:31)
        java.beans.Introspector.getTargetBeanDescriptor(Introspector.java:1228)
        java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.java:386)
        java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.java:159)
        javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.getPropertyDescriptors(UIComponentBase.java:174)
        javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.populateDescriptorsMapIfNecessary(UIComponentBase.java:139)
        javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.<init>(UIComponentBase.java:128)
        com.sun.webui.jsf.component.Page.<init>(Page.java:44)

The PageBeanInfo class was being loaded from webui-jsf-dt.jar by the
Introspector which introduced the dependency. Removing webui-jsf-dt.jar
from my app solved the problem.

-Kenneth