users@woodstock.java.net

Re: Internet Explorer 6.0 (SP2) Hangs with HTTP 1.1 and woodstock components for NetBeans 6.0

From: Dan Labrecque <Dan.Labrecque_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:18:42 -0500

Chris Fleischmann wrote:
> All I did was apply the NetBeans 6.0 Update for Woodstock... a.k.a:

Did you upgrade Visual Web Pack as well? There is a bug in VWP that
prevents Woodstock 4.1.1 from using Dojo 1.0.1 successfully.

> I have three rows in the MySQL DB Table. The table is set up to paginate
> every 2 rows, (so the third row would be on the second page.

IE 6 shouldn't have any trouble displaying 2 rows at a time. I was
thinking you were attempting to display extremely large tables (e.g.,
200 or more rows). Are you sure the same example performs well before
the upgrade? I'm asking because the 4.1.1 changes were only to help
rendering performance. If anything, large tables perform better. IE 6
isn't nearly as quick as Firefox or Safari, but still better than 4.1.

Do you see any HTML in the page during the delay? For example, do you
see any part of the table rendered or does it take minutes for the page
to begin rendering at all? I'm just wondering if there could be a
server-side delay related to the MySQL DB? The table attempts to
calculate the total number of rows available (i.e., when pagination
buttons are present). In order to do this, it must obtain all rows of data.

As a test, you might try adding dummy data to the table without a
database (e.g., using ObjectArrayDataProvider).

Dan