users@woodstock.java.net

Re: Dynamic javascript on the page

From: Dan Labrecque <Dan.Labrecque_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:57:38 -0500

The static text component wraps output using a uniquely identified span
tag. This is typically used to set style, position, or update text
client-side. There is an escape attribute you can use so text is not
HTML escaped by default. However, the span is still output for both
Netbeans 5.5.1 and 6.0. (I'm not certain how your 5.5.1 project ever
output JavaScript using this component?) Feel free to file an RFE, but I
recommend using JSF's <f:outputText> tag which does not output a span.

Dan