users@woodstock.java.net

Encoding bug?

From: Lking <lking4hlp_at_yahoo.com.br>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:52:43 -0200

I'm not sure whether it's a bug but I figured out some issues working with
WoodStock, IE6 and special characters such as "á" "à" and so on... Most of
it appears when doing some AJAX.

I have a textfield and if I enter some value as "são paulo" my value change
event will send me a new value as "são paulo". This is just garbage to me
as I can't work with this value in my backing bean.

Working with ListBox and AJAX, if the value to be displayed after an AJAX
request is something like "são paulo" it won't work in IE. Firefox can do it
fine, but still has the same issue reported first, with textbox.

Am I missing anything here? My JSP is set to ISO-8859-1 encoding.

thanks.