users@woodstock.java.net

Re: masthead related questions

From: Ratnadeep Bhattacharjee <Ratnadeep.Bhattacharjee_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 22:23:44 -0400

Manveen Kaur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using woodstock 4.0 and am trying to create a masthead.
>
> Here's what I have:
>
> <webuijsf:masthead id="Masthead" productImageURL="/images/generic.png"
> productImageWidth="$int{135}"
> productImageHeight="$int{70}"
>
> productImageDescription="$resource{i18n.mastHeadDescription}"
> serverInfo="$session{serverName}"
> roleInfo="want_to_omit"
> userInfo="$session{userName}" >
>
> I don't want the role to appear in the mast head. For this I removed
> roleInfo attribute from the above. But then I see a duplicate "User:"
> value listed.
>
> 1. I want to know how to omit the role?

What version of woodstock are you using? There used to be a bug similar
to this that was fixed a while ago. Things seem to be fine now. Take a
look at: http://webdev2.sun.com/example/faces/masthead/Masthead.jsp. It
does not have a "roleInfo" attribute...

> 2. How can I add more information to the masthead (specifically links).

Refer to the TLD docs for more info on how to do this:
http://webdev2.sun.com/woodstock-tlddocs/

Specifically the "utilities" attribute...

-Deep.