users@websocket-spec.java.net

[jsr356-users] Security alignment of WebSocket

From: <pangalz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 20:44:36 +0000 (UTC)

In JavaEE 7 we have some security problems with WebSocket.

An authenticated session, with a valid Session.getUserPrincipal()
doesn't
authenticates in the container on websocket events, so EJB / CDI calls
are unauthenticated.

I've tested with WildFly 8.2.0 and GlassFish 4.1, with a sample app
which
calls EJB methods from @onOpen, @onClose and @onMessage.

Although we can workaround these issues with interceptors and vendor
specific security managers, it's a common use case for JavaEE
applications and an important requirement for cloud/SaaS applications.

I've created an open-source library to get workaround these problems in
JBoss/WildFly.
It's called "JBoss Security Extended" and is available on maven central
with GAV "com.github.panga:jboss-security-extended:1.0.0".

Library source and docs:
https://github.com/panga/jboss-security-extended
WebSocket sample app source using library:
https://github.com/panga/websocket-auth

What do you guys think?

Best Regards,
Leonardo Zanivan