users@websocket-spec.java.net

[jsr356-users] TCK for WebSocket 1.1?

From: Kevin Sutter <sutter_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 15:11:53 -0500

Hi,
My normal conduit for the WebSocket expert group is not at work this week,
so I thought I would try this route to get a quicker answer... We're
looking to update our WebSocket 1.0 implementation to satisfy the new
methods introduced by WebSocket 1.1. No big deal with that piece. But,
we were very surprised by the number of tests that the TCK increased by.

For WebSocket 1.0, there were 262 tests. According to the readme for the
1.1 TCK, there are now 664 tests! Really? An increase of 400 tests for a
minor update?

Can somebody help explain this? Or, are we interpreting something
incorrectly?

Thank you for any insights!
Kevin

Kevin Sutter
STSM, Java EE and Java Persistence API (JPA) architect
mail: sutter_at_us.ibm.com, Kevin Sutter/Rochester/IBM
http://webspherepersistence.blogspot.com/
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
http://openjpa.apache.org/