users@websocket-spec.java.net

[jsr356-users] [012] Session.getRequestURI() and query parameters

From: Joakim Erdfelt <joakim_at_intalio.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:57:52 -0700

In The Draft 012 ..

Session.getRequestURI() returns a URI object.

Which is slightly different than the Servlet API's use of
HttpServletRequest.getRequestURI()

http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html#getRequestURI()

In the Servlet API the HttpServletRequest.getRequestURI() returns a String.
I'm all in favor of changing it to URI in the websocket API. A hearty +1
from me on that.

But, the Servlet API also specifically states that the
HttpServletRequest.getRequestURI() does not return the Query portion of the
URI.
Are we expecting that the websocket API Session.getRequestURI() will return
the query portion? or are we going to follow convention elsewhere and
return the entire original URI, with query string?

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim_at_intalio.com>
webtide.com <http://www.webtide.com/>