users@websocket-spec.java.net

[jsr356-users] [jsr356-experts] v010 spec posted

From: Danny Coward <danny.coward_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 17:13:12 -0800

Hello experts,

I've put up draft version 10 of our spec. This includes a great many
changes even since version 9. Thanks you for the feedback and review and
suggestions and emails.

http://java.net/projects/websocket-spec/downloads/directory/Spec%20javadoc%20Drafts/v010

For those of you with extra time after you have reviewed the draft, our
(ever shrinking yet not vanishing) issues list is at:-

http://java.net/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+WEBSOCKET_SPEC+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+due+ASC%2C+priority+DESC%2C+created+ASC&mode=hide

Thanks !

- Danny

Here's a quick summary of the changes since v009:-

New and (hopefully final!) package arrangement to suit the client/server
split.
Updated section on the relationship between web socket sessions,
HttpSession and authenticated state (7.2) and guidance for distributed
implementations.
New section on exception handling (5.2)
Full and updated description on application deployment on web
containers. This now features a new ServerApplicationConfiguration class
and removes programmatic server deployment.
ClientContainer/ServerContainer have now become one WebSocketContainer.
Removed EndpointFactory, replaced with ability to get the (custom)
EndpointConfiguration from the onOpen method.
New Extension interface to model the websocket-extension parameters sent
in the opening handshake.
Added ability to change the timeouts for async send operations.
Removed getInactiveTime() on Session due to performance concerns.
Added standard websocket handshake headers.

--
<http://www.oracle.com> 	*Danny Coward *
Java EE