users@websocket-spec.java.net

[jsr356-users] [jsr356-experts] Re: Multithreading Options

From: Justin Lee <jlee_at_antwerkz.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 10:03:16 -0400

i'm with greg on this one. In grizzly, we'd create a new WebSocket per
connection and save state there. In the WebSocketApplication class, there
was an overridable factory method that allowed for specialization at the
application layer that let the app author do whatever was needed. With
access into the Application from a WebSocket, state could be shared exposed
as needed. I'm not entirely sure we need to work too hard to deal with
things like shared credentials on multiple connections from a client since
muxing alleviate that multiple connection problem when it lands. That
said, it's up for debate how much we want to plan around impending features
(that might be impending for a year+) or just design to what we have *now*
that we know browsers and clients support.

--
You can find me on the net at:
http://antwerkz.com             http://antwerkz.com/+