jsr356-experts@websocket-spec.java.net

[jsr356-experts] Re: [jsr356-users] Re: Re: TCK 2013-03-20 More feedback

From: Mark Thomas <mark_at_homeinbox.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 22:43:46 +0100

On 02/04/2013 17:05, Danny Coward wrote:
> On 3/25/13 3:49 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> Yes. Is there a test that does not follow the rules here ?
>> No, but the spec isn't particularly clear about what is and what is not
>> allowed. Could some clarification be added?
> Hi Mark - complementing the javadoc on @OnMessage which defines which
> parameter types are allowed (not the same, but obviously related),
> there's an explicit listing in the javadoc for MessageHandler.Partial
> and MessageHandler.Whole on what parametrised types are allowed. I think
> that covers it ?

Sorry for being slow at responding to this. I have been on leave and am
still working through the backlog.

It was a while ago but I am pretty sure I was just looking at the spec
document and not the Javadoc. The Javadoc provides all the detail necessary.

As an aside, I really do not like how the Java specifications (this is a
general complaint, not a WebSocket specific one) are spread between a
document and the Javadoc, especially now that the Javadoc is not
included in the specification document. I would much prefer a single
document that contained all the necessary information.

Mark