jsr356-experts@websocket-spec.java.net

[jsr356-experts] Re: TCK 2013-03-20 feedback

From: Mark Thomas <mark_at_homeinbox.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:34:29 +0000

On 22/03/2013 09:42, Mark Thomas wrote:
> TCK changes required
>
> 1. The signature test is still looking for
> ServerEndpointConfig$Configurator.matchesURI which has been removed.
>
> Also [En|De]coder.Adapter and ServerContainerProvider

2. clientendpointconfig constructor test (and other tests)

This uses a server endpoint with the following method:
@OnMessage
public void respondString(String message, Session session,
EndpointConfig config)

The test requires the config parameter to be populated in order to pass
but the Javadoc for @OnMessage makes no reference to EndpointConfig
being a valid parameter for a method annotated with @OnMessage

3. server pathparam directStringParamTest (and a lot of other tests)

The test calls WebSocketContainer#connectToServer(Class<?>, URI) to
establish the connection to the server. However, it passes a class that
extends Endpoint rather than an annotated POJO. The test should use
WebSocketContainer#connectToServer(Class<? extends Endpoint>,
ClientEndpointConfig, URI)

This last point (3) is causing a huge number of test failures. Have I
missed something in the spec or is the TCK wrong here?

Mark