jsr356-experts@websocket-spec.java.net

[jsr356-experts] Proposed Final Draft

From: Danny Coward <danny.coward_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 16:26:32 -0800

Hi folks,

I've posted the proposed final draft of the specification to the usual
place and send it over to the JCP PMO.

Thankyou for your attention, help and expertise ! We have accomplished a
great deal in a relatively short amount of time.

http://java.net/projects/websocket-spec/downloads/directory/Spec%20javadoc%20Drafts/Proposed%20Final%20Draft

I have tagged the PFD of the API here:

tags/javax.websocket-api-1.0-rc1

What happens next ?

A number of us are finalizing our implementations of the API, and we
(Oracle) are working hard to fill out the TCK. These activities may yet
throw up some issues that will need to deal with (including a possible
implementation issue <http://java.net/jira/browse/WEBSOCKET_SPEC-165>
about the new ServerContainer and how to link instances thereof to the
ServletContext), so please stay tuned for those.

There is room in the JCP process (http://jcp.org/en/procedures/jcp2#2.3)
to address these as we prepare the Final Draft. The JCP process document
characterizes the kind of issues that can be addressed at this point as
those where the specification is '"underdefined, incomplete, or
ambiguous", so we will use our best judgement (in particular with
respect to the Java EE schedule) to be very conservative in our approach
to any spec changes after this point, should any requests come up.

Thanks and stay tuned,

- Danny

--
<http://www.oracle.com> 	*Danny Coward *