jsr356-experts@websocket-spec.java.net

[jsr356-experts] Re: [jsr356-users] Re: Re: Last refactoring/naming proposal: RemoteEndpoint

From: Danny Coward <danny.coward_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:07:20 -0800

Hi Scott, all,
> I assume: session.getRemote(RemoteEndpoint.Async.class)
>>
>> Alternatively, we could just have:-
>>
>> session.getAsyncRemote()
>> session.getBasicRemote();
>
> +1 on the alternate.
>>
>> but I think the first way is a bit 'classier' :)
>
> But harder to remember or to learn from skimming the JavaDoc.
Ok fair point. Also, the second way makes it clearer there are only two
possible RemoteEndpont subtypes possible.

So I have checked this into v013 draft spec, together with the cleaner
naming Joakim suggested (thankyou). It all looks cleaner and better
organized than before.

If anyone has remaining doubts after looking at v013, please raise them
quickly !

- Danny